PSC, Baja September 2018 Wave Camps Nearly Full!
The windsurfing in Baja is pure down-the-line heaven. If you are looking to boost your wavesailing, look no further. 2018 May is now PreBooking!
Here's the lowdown
See below for more info...
$TBA discount on all full balances paid before September 30th 2016 for the 2017 trips, which are now priced at 2016 rates, gets you the all inclusive 8-day trip with round trip plane transportation from San Diego to Punta San Carlos, Baja, rental windsurf kit, all your food and drinks, deluxe tent accommodation, use of all the toys and much much more! Price on application and depends on length of stay. £400 for the weeks coaching payable to Jem. You cover your own flights to San Diego, USA and back.
2017 already has a high amount of pre bookings and this is one of my fastest selling clinics so please book early to avoid disappointment. Contact me to discuss your ability and booking for 2017 and join me for the adventure of a lifetime. Check out the pics on my facebook photo galleries page. For other wavesailing coaching venues please consider Moulay in May, Ireland in autumn and Jeri, Brazil in Nov/Dec for 2017.Please note that 2017 is already selling fast and that this clinic has a huge amount of returners as it is just amazing, so please book early and lets enjoy the waves together : )
The windsurfing action
During the week I will be assisting you in developing all aspects of your wavesailing. You will improve in your riding through better wave selection, gaining more speed, making more vertical radical turns and improved positional awareness. If you are less experienced in waves then I will demonstrate efficient and safe ways of launching and getting out the back and of course getting you back in safely, then we will work towards better airtime and catching waves more effectively. Baja goes off and we will be sailing at one of the world’s easiest and most consistent beaches for DTL wavesailing. PSC, Baja has season long wind and waves and we scored 6/7 last year and 12/14 for those who went for 2 weeks. I will be coaching through use of simulators, on-water coaching and video coaching. Please feel free to give me feedback on how it is going for YOU at any time so I can give you the best opportunity to develop.
Your windsurfing ability
For this Baja clinic, you should be able to sail a short board competently, and have done plenty of coastal sailing with some experience in waves. Your gybes will be fairly consistent and being able to tack will be a bonus, and you will have sailed in strong winds with total waterstart confidence.
2017 Ezzy Elite and Taka 2/3 wave sails rigged on Ezzy carbon masts, Goya sails rigged on Goya masts and Streamlined Carbon booms. (£RRP 599!) 2013 - 2015 boards from RRD, Quatro and Goya and they will have tri fins, twinzers and quads there. They have over 75 boards from these brands in both older and current models, which are available to the whole camp of 20 people max. You will need a harness, summer steamer wetsuit and boots/shoes, if you so wish.
The social here is made by all the people in the camp and our fine hosts Solosports who are great characters and extremely welcoming and funny. Having a sun downer and reflecting on the possibly one of the best sails of your life is a great feeling and the bar is manned by YOU or anybody who wishes to be bar person that night, drink as much or as little as you like and wind down from a great day in the ocean and / or on the MTB’S.
- Fly in to San Diego on Friday July 21st (or July 28th if you are NOT doing the first week of warming up) out of LHR, or relevant airport, for an evening / late afternoon arrival to San Diego for Clinic One July 29th to August 5th
- For Clinic Two on August 5 - 12th fly in on Friday July 28th (or August 4th if you are NOT doing the first week of warming up) out of LHR, or relevant airport for an evening late afternoon arrival to San Diego
- Sleep in a San Diego hotel where a lot of SoloSports crew meet
- Minibus to small airport in the am of your relevant clinic week to catch small 4 seater planes to arrive in Psc, Baja (10 metres from the campsite!) for 1 – 2pm ish and then sail, surf, MTB
- Leave Saturday August 5th in the afternoon for Clinic One, Saturday August 12th for Clinic Two
- Sleep in San Diego - a whole night or a few hours. Flight out of San Diego to home on Sunday August 6th for Clinic One that normally arrives in Europe on Monday August 7th in the am, flight home on Sunday 13th for Clinic Two, with an ETA of Monday 14th August for Clinic Two
Surfing and stand up paddle boarding are world class in PSC, Baja and included in the price. It can be a beautiful start or end to a day and teaches you a great deal about waves.
Awesome Mountain biking with specially built routes and easy to use route cards and guided rides are often available. You can use the centres top of the range downhill machines.